Terms And Conditions
1. Registration & Password
- 1.1 Although portions of our website may be visited by any Visitor, you will need to register as a Customer to be able to participate in a course. Registration on our website is free. You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose and all activities that occur under your account.
- 1.2 To register as a Customer, you confirm that you are over 16 years of age.
- 1.3 You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any other time will be true, accurate, up to date and complete. We reserve the right to terminate your membership and access to our website if we learn that you have provided false or misleading information.
- 1.4 When you register, you will be asked to create a username and password. You agree not to divulge your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and will be fully responsible for all liabilities arising in connection with your passwords use (or misuse), whether such use or misuse is with or without your knowledge or approval. If you suspect that someone else knows of or is using your password, notify us immediately by emailing us.
- 1.5 We have the absolute discretion to cancel your username/password at any time if we suspect it is being used by an unauthorised person.
- 1.6 If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate your account by using our “Contact Us” page. If you no longer accept these terms and conditions, or any future modification to these terms and conditions, you must cease using our site. Continued use of our site indicates your continued acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of our site immediately and without prior notice. We may terminate your registered account, at our sole discretion, by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated.
2. Use of our website
- 2.1 For the purposes of these terms & conditions, “Content” refers to all data, text, logos, artwork, software, documents, images, photographs and other materials you may upload to or download from our website including information about yourself, messages posted in the Community Area, Course Reviews, information about certain courses.
- 2.2 You must ensure that any content that you submit to our website: – does not infringe on any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights (“Intellectual Property Rights” means registered and/or unregistered copyright, database rights, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual and proprietary rights of whatever nature, and all applications for such rights, anywhere in the world; – does not breach any applicable law; – is not defamatory, profane, sexually or racially offensive or discriminating, harassing, threatening, obscene, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading or otherwise objectionable in our opinion; – or does not disrupt the communications of the online community or Community Area on our website.
- 2.3 You agree that you will not use our website: – for commercial purposes or to obtain financial gain without our prior written consent; – to send chain letters, junk mail, “spam”, business or bulk communications of any kind; – to advertise a company, product or service of any educational establishment except under the terms of a written advertiser agreement that we have entered into with you; – in a way, that might reasonably be expected to cause other persons computer systems and/or their communications network to be interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient; – to obtain personal information from “Users” (which means “Customers” and “Visitors”) under the age of 16 or from anyone if such information is gathered deceptively or in a non-transparent way; – to obtain passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; – to attempt to impersonate another User; or – to harass, threaten or intimidate any User.
- 2.4 You will be for responsible for logging out from your registered account at the end of each session on our website.
- 2.5 If you are a Visitor, you agree not to obtain unauthorised access to areas of our website reserved for Customers.
- 2.6 If you are aware of anything on our website which appears to infringe these terms & conditions, you agree to contact us immediately.
3. Use of material appearing on this website
Your use of our site is for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You acknowledge that except for user content and advertisements (as discussed below), we are the sole owner of all content on this website, including, without limitation, all applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, logos, and other intellectual property rights thereto, as well as text, images, graphics, logos, audio, video and other material appearing on this website. This site and its content are protected by the copyright laws and other intellectual property laws of Ireland and the European Union and are protected globally by applicable international copyright treaties.
You may download and print extracts of course material for your own personal and non-commercial use only, provided you maintain and abide by any author attribution, copyright or trademark notice or restriction in any material that you download or print. You may not use any course material for any other purpose without our prior written approval. Except as expressly authorised by us, you are not allowed to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on our site.
4. Content posted
- 4.1 We use software to monitor content on our website. While we hope it removes the majority of inappropriate content, no software is 100% reliable. None of the views expressed in the content is the views of our company. You acknowledge that all content is the responsibility of the person who posted, emailed or otherwise provided the content.
- 4.2 You acknowledge that by using this website, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
- 4.3 If you post content which is found to be in breach of these terms, we reserve the right to deactivate your username and password to prevent you from further access to our website as a Customer.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
- 5.1 You agree that our website and all content contained in it are protected by Intellectual Property Rights that either belongs to or are licensed to us.
- 5.2 You acquire no proprietary interest in our website or content provided by us or others and may not use them in any way except as expressly permitted by these terms.
- 5.3 You may view, print, download or temporarily store such content for your personal, non-commercial reference without alteration, addition or deletion. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer such content. You acknowledge that you will not acquire any Intellectual Property Rights by downloading or otherwise using any such content.
- 5.4 By submitting content to our website: you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and communicate to the public such content; and
- 5.5 you authorise us to adapt such content and you agree to waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
6. Our Rights
- 6.1 We have the right in our absolute discretion to alter, edit, remove, suspend or refuse any content without notice, if we consider that the content is objectionable or violates these terms or for any other reason.
- 6.2 We may preserve or disclose the content and your personal details as well as any content to any third party if such disclosure is necessary: – to maintain our website; – by law; or – to respond to claims that our website infringes or restricts the right of any party.
- 6.3 We may suspend or terminate your access to our website at any time if you breach any of these terms.
- 7.1 Our website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 7.2 You understand and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy, relevancy or completeness of any information in or provided on or from our website. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Our website is provided for the general information of the general public.
- 7.3 Your use and participation in our website and services are solely at your own risk. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from our website shall create any warranty not expressly made in these terms or imposed by law.
- 7.4 We make no warranty that our website will meet your requirements, or that access to our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of our website.
8. Limitation of Liability
- 8.1 Except as required by law, we will not be liable for any direct losses or damages arising in contract, tort (including negligence) and for any reason.
- 8.2 Except as required by law, we shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages or loss of profits, data, goodwill, revenue in each case regardless of whether such losses or damages arise in the normal course of events or whether we have been advised of the possibility of such damages and whether such losses or damages arise in contract or tort (including negligence) and for any reason.
- 8.3 Nothing in these terms shall operate to exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
9. Data Protection
10. Territory Statement
Please do not access or use the content from a jurisdiction where such access or use would be contrary to applicable laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or regulatory organisation. If you breach this provision, you will be held entirely responsible.
We may assign our rights and obligations under these terms and upon such assignment, we shall be relieved of any further obligation under these terms. You are not permitted to assign your rights and obligations under these terms.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and construed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and any dispute shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
13. Intellectual Property
The content contained within this site is for personal use only. All text, graphics and selection, layout, software and the arrangement thereof and all materials on this website are the copyright of us and/or our content providers. Unauthorised use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, the material on this site without our written permission.
This website contains links to other websites operated by third parties over whom we have no control. Such links are provided for your convenience only and we accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the content, accuracy or use of other websites.
15. Disclaimer and Waiver (Liability and Accuracy)
We do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. All information is subject to change at any time and without notice. We endeavour at all times to update the site as soon as we are notified of a change in product details, price or availability or any other relevant details. You agree to use any information obtained on our site at your own discretion and not to hold us financially or legally responsible in any way for any repercussions, loss, damage, costs or injury arising from such use.
Under no circumstances shall we, our investors, successors, subsidiaries, affiliates, co-branders, contractors, content partners, employees, servants, contributors, third-party advertisers, technology providers, service providers or other partners, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, shareholders, employees and representatives be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the content of the site. Nothing in our content is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person. For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to our content or any part of it. You can access other sites via links on our site. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
We give no warranties of any kind concerning our sites content. In particular, we do not warrant that our site or any of our content is virus-free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the site, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
17. Third party advertising
You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on the site. Each individual advertiser is solely responsible for the content of its advertising material. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
18. Age Restrictions
The content on our site is aimed at an adult audience over the age of 18 years. It is not directed at children and we cannot guarantee that all content on the site will be suitable for minors. You are only permitted to register as a user of this site and post comments if you are aged 18 or over. If you are aged 13 years or over but under the age of 18, you must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian before registering as a user of our site. Any person who registers as a user of our site represents that they are 18 years of age or older or that they are 13 years or over and have obtained the consent of a parent or legal guardian. We cannot and is not required to verify the age of users of the site.
Our policy is to respect the copyright of others and we strive to credit sources where relevant. While copyright does not subsist in ideas and in principle there is no copyright in the news, copyright may subsist in the form in which it is expressed in particular articles. If you believe that any material published in this website infringes copyright, please report it to us, identifying the specific material that is claimed to be infringing and providing sufficient information to permit us to contact the complaining party.
20. Changes to these terms and conditions
Please note that we may change these terms and conditions from time to time at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to do without your consent. Any revised terms and conditions will be applicable at the time of posting on our site. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use our site after it has been posted.
22. No waiver
Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these terms of service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right by us.